Monday 5 August 2013

Summer Catch Up

Eek!  Time for a bit of a catch up!  I'm afraid I had to have a little break from blogging due to other commitments.  It is not easy to work 2 jobs, help run a guide unit, organise a camp for 12 girls, potentially buy a house, organise a wedding and start my supervisor training course!  When I look at it like that I wonder how I have any free time at all!

So where was I?  I finished off the last week of Me-Made-May with these outfits.  I managed my target or 2-3 outfits a week, and really that is about all I could do as I spend so much of my time in uniform.  I did make me take much more time over planning and decided which outfits to wear which was really interesting.

Vogue Summer Dress
Banana Carousel Dress
I also made  my first Sorbetto!  
Sorbetto Wearable Muslin
I used some random fabric from my stash and I think the pastel colours work really well for sleep wear.  I measured myself and cut the Sorbetto but I could really have done with cutting it at least 2 sizes bigger as it is really too tight.

To make it fit I let each of the seams out as much as possible, using really tiny seams.  I also found that the bust darts are way too high on me, I shall have to change them next time I make this pattern.
Pink fabric was a bit see-through!
I used some pretty floral bias tape for the edging and although my stitching is pretty straight on the front, it is a bit wobbly on the back.  I think I need to find some techniques to improve this.

I have already cut out my second one, from some sheer polyester chiffon that I had left over from my Titanic dress and I am leaving out the pleat and just using gathers at the top to make it really free and flowing.  I am hoping this works out as I am in need of summery clothing at the moment!

I will endeavour to post more regularly but with everything that is going on I am not getting much sewing time at the moment.  I do have lots of sewing plans though, next will be a summer dress for a wedding from this awesome polka dot apple print!

No comments:

Post a Comment